Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone keeps popping up some numbers telling me to put in a username and password and that my password will be sent in the clear. It's not my iCloud or email, those didn't work.

My phone keeps popping up some numbers telling me to put in a username and password and that my password will be sent in the clear. It's not my iCloud or email, those didn't work.User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 1:53 PM

15 replies

May 4, 2016 2:00 PM in response to kaylamarie183

If you were on Safari when it came up close Safari completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by scrawling to the left. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

May 4, 2016 2:09 PM in response to kaylamarie183

Follow all these steps:

1. Quit Safari like this: To quit an app double click the Home button to reveal the app switcher. Flick up on the page preview of the app you want to quit. The page preview will fly away and disappear. That quits the app.

2. Use the Settings app to clear Safari History and Data

Settings > Safari > Clear History and Data

3. Reset the iPhone. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

May 4, 2016 2:11 PM in response to kaylamarie183

If you entered your Apple ID and password, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY, or the scammer will take over control of your iCloud account and hold it for ransom. Go to https://appleid.apple.com. And if you can't get into your account it is too late, contact Apple's Account Security Team: Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security or call your local Apple support number and ask for Account Security.

May 4, 2016 2:44 PM in response to kaylamarie183

• Reboot the phone by holding the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time until an Apple logo appears
  • As soon as the phone shows the login screen swipe up from the bottom of the screen to show the control panel, and tap Airplane Mode
  • Enter your passcode and immediately double-press the HOME button, swipe to Safari if it is not already displayed, and swipe up on its screen image
  • Press HOME once
  • Go to Settings/Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data

This should clear the dialog. You can then turn Airplane Mode off.

May 4, 2016 2:54 PM in response to kaylamarie183

Does your wifi router host its admin page at 192.168.254.254 on port 80? Is your router flashing any warning lights or acting odd? Did you or anyone else make changes recently to your wifi? That address is a common router login or admin page address, and tcp port 80 is the common http port for a router to serve its embedded web admin server.

My phone keeps popping up some numbers telling me to put in a username and password and that my password will be sent in the clear. It's not my iCloud or email, those didn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.