Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone5 says i have 16 unread messages. I have read them all. How do i get the phone to reset to 0, or show me the missing messages? There don't seem to be any.

My iphone5 says I have 16 unread messages in my inbox. I don't have any unread messages. If new ones come in, it adds them, but when I read them it still shows 16 unread, instead of 0 unread. How do I get it to reset?

Posted on May 4, 2016 2:30 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 2:35 PM in response to ravenbird1

ravenbird1 wrote:

My iphone5 says I have 16 unread messages in my inbox. I don't have any unread messages. If new ones come in, it adds them, but when I read them it still shows 16 unread, instead of 0 unread. How do I get it to reset?

close out of the mail app, double tap the home button and completely close out of the app. Then do a reset, no data loss. Hold down the home/sleep button together until you see the apple logo and then release, then wait for the device to boot back up and then check email again.

IF that doesn't work, then delete the email account and reinstall it.

my iphone5 says i have 16 unread messages. I have read them all. How do i get the phone to reset to 0, or show me the missing messages? There don't seem to be any.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.