Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I the only one??? iPhone 6S+ iOS 9.3.1 Notes

Hello,

Am I the only one experiencing problems with iPhone 6S+ iOS 9.3.1 Notes intermittently scrolling all the way back to the top of my notes list?

I have a very long notes list, and I continue to add more notes everyday. I don't close the app or restart my phone I just keep it running in the background.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, it typically works as normal 5 out of 10 times and it's only come about since upgrading from an iPhone 5 to the 6S+.

I've upgraded the iOS on the 6S+ at least three times hoping that each new release will fix the problem.

I know that it's not the world's greatest issue right now, however it's extremely frustrating when I want to quickly take a note and I have to scroll for 30 seconds just to get to the bottom of the list to capture my thought. Unfortunately by this time the thought is lost... Yes, I do have a short attention span...

I'm hoping that someone has a fix.

Cheers,

PC

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Notes scrolling back to the top

Posted on May 4, 2016 3:19 PM

6 replies

Feb 20, 2017 5:25 PM in response to peter.coman

Hello everyone,

It seems like no one else is having the same issue...

I've tried to identify why this happens, and I've found that when I have my notes open, and I receive a text message, and I respond, when I go back to my notes more often than not it has scrolled all the way back to the top.

I'd be curious to see if anyone else can replicate this.

Regards,

Peter

May 15, 2016 1:15 AM in response to peter.coman

So I contacted apple support regarding this. Nice chap tried his best. Even tried replicating same thing on his iPad, iPhone and iPod to no avail. His worked fine. Got sent below to try;

Thank you for contacting AppleCare Support!

It has been my pleasure chatting with you today, Mike! I’ve included steps in order to replace the software that is currently on your device. This is in case the ‘reset all settings’ does not work. Most of this you may have already done, but I’ve included just in case!

First we want to ensure that you do not lose any precious pictures! (Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201302 )

Then we want to make sure we have a current backup, preferably iTunes. (How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203977 )

Once that is done we will follow the article “Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iDevice to factory.” (Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201252).

Once the restore is done please setup as new and skip as many steps as you can. For iCloud and iTunes & App Store select the “Don’t have an Apple ID?” link and then select “Skip this step” on the next screen.

It is alright to instal a couple apps to test out, or even go back into iCloud to retrieve contacts. Depending on the issue we will want to watch the behavior of your phone for a period of time. As long as the issue is resolved go ahead and restore from your backup (Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204184 ).

If you run into anything unexpected along the way we’re available 24/7 over chat! Todays chat has been assigned case number xxxxxxxx. Please copy/paste this link into your browser of choice if you wish to return to chat:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

If you prefer to talk with an advisor over the phone we can help that way too! We’re available most hours during the day, I’ve included support phone numbers and hours of operation.

Thanks!

So in the end had to do full factory reset and start as new and a copied huge article into note to test it out. Worked perfect but as soon as reset using my backup again, it went to auto scrolling to top of the page again!!!! So those who don't mind having to reinstall all third party apps again can do above to fix it.

Will update this if I find a fix with my own backup.

Am I the only one??? iPhone 6S+ iOS 9.3.1 Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.