Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading and Resaving Slow Motion Videos

Was wondering if I could upload a video recorded in slow motion to say a cloud storage (not iCloud). And then be able to redownload/save the video to my phone, and still be able to re-edit it in slow motion using the normal iPhone editior in Camera Roll?

The reason I ask is I once recorded a slow motion video, edited it in Camera Roll, uploaded the video to a cloud storage, and when I redownloaded/saved it to my iPhone. It wouldn't allow me to edit it, as if once uploaded to the cloud it becomes a permanent version of however you had it saved in your Camera Roll prior to uploading. I just can't understand why that would even happen if it records at a certain frame rate (of course) to get the slow motion. One would think the video would contain some sort of metadata or something that would remind the iPhone of a specific video clips editing features (being able to revert or re-edit in slow motion at different points), not acting like the frames never existed to edit. I hope you guys understand what I mean.

Would hate to upload some videos to a cloud which I'd like to re-edit later as normal as if they were never on the cloud once I redownload them. Reason being I'm running out of space on my iPhone so I need to send them somewhere, and tend to them later. But I don't want them all to permanently be slow motion, or at certain points because I would not be editing them the way I want to now... Would rather edit them later if you know what I mean.

Any info would help that pertains to retaining the slow motion video editing features as normal. As if nothing ever happened once transferring them somewhere else.

Thanks for your time and generosity in knowledge,

iPhone 6 Plus, Latest iOS

Posted on May 4, 2016 3:54 PM

1 reply

Uploading and Resaving Slow Motion Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.