Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some albums don't appear under the artist name on my Ipod

Hi,

I recently bought a second hand Ipod Touch off eBay. I synced my iTunes music library on to it and for some reason some albums don't appear under the artist name. For example I have a load of Blink 182 albums, all of them are in the correct place on iTunes and listed under the same artist but on the iPod when I click on 'Blink 182' and the list of albums comes up, one is missing. To find the missing album I have to search for it, so it is clearly on my iPod, just not where it should be. It's not listed as a different artist because once I've searched for it it says the artist is Blink 182. This has happened with a few different artists (but completely randomly) with one or two albums missing from the list on my iPod but fine on iTunes.

It's so frustrating as I can't shuffle through all the Blink 182 songs (and other artists this has happened with) because to I have to search to find the missing album(s).

I spoke to an apple technician who said I just need to highlight all the songs on iTunes by the artists this is happening with (separately of course) and click 'get info' and make sure they are all exactly the same artist name. I did this and it hasn't made any difference...!

It's super stressful! Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it so I can actually have all the music by the same artist in the same place??

Cheers

Chris

iPod touch, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 4, 2016 4:03 PM

1 reply

Some albums don't appear under the artist name on my Ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.