Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question on video quality

Captured a horse drawn carriage ride for a client after their wedding. Camcorder settings say I used HD 60i to record the footage. Upon importing to FCPX, editing and exporting to DVD, some footage with trees and background looks blurry, has waves in it and looks partially distorted. Exported a portion of this footage to Vimeo and it looks perfectly fine.

Is the distortion due to HD quality video to SD on DVD or am I missing something else?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 4, 2016 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 5:06 PM

Interlaced footage will typically not display well on a computer. How does it look played out from a DVD player to a TV?

Russ

6 replies

May 4, 2016 5:19 PM in response to Russ H

It actually looks perfect on computer on Vimeo or through working on it in FCPX. It's when the transfer to DVD occurs. It looks blurry on TV through the DVD. The carriage beside the pond has the trees blurred or appearing to flash at times while other times there is slight to no blur with the carriage in the field or stopped.

May 4, 2016 5:40 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you, Tom. Do you have any resources I could utilize to make a decision other than DVD? I have looked into Blu-rays and not found anything to move forward with. I know Apple's desire for consumers is shifting to streaming, etc. I just don't know good places to research to make a decision on this. I still have iDVD and never upgraded to El Capitan due to not knowing options to consider. Sorry if I babbled a little.

Question on video quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.