Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Server File permissions

I am not well versed in server shares of OS X server 10.8.5 and how to set up all the permissions but I have done ok so far. However, there are some things that just keep coming up that require me to get help from those who know more than me. So...

I have several server shares that are shared by SMB and AFP. The users and passwords are managed by our AD which OS X server communicates with. I have set up several groups of these users on this OS X server and of course the local admin account of the server which will be described as: Group1, Group2, Admin.

What I want to happen is this:

Share: Group1 and Group2 have read/write access, Admin of course has full rights, and no one else outside of those user groups can access it. Any children placed within this share will not inherit the permissions of the share but inherit read/write permissions for all groups except admin which of course gets full rights.

As it stands this is what the permissions currently look like on the share, but some of these permissions (like "Others") are being inherited by the children which I don't want to happen:

User uploaded file

So how would I go about doing this, or what am I doing wrong?

Posted on May 4, 2016 4:47 PM

There are no replies.

OSX Server File permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.