Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts is showing incorrect subscription information??

IM new to the podcast app. I have a subscriptIon to the Dave Ramsey show, this is currently my only podcast. when I go in to view the podcast they all show "iintelligence squared US debates" which is a channel on podcasts. I had been using the app for a little while so I am aware of how it functions. I've tried unsubscri ing & re-subscribing... Log out of cloud on phone, restarting app, force closing & anything else that would normally Fix this glitch. Does anyone know how this can be fixed? Thanks for your time.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:29 PM

7 replies

May 4, 2016 7:33 PM in response to Rysz

When you open the app and go to my podcast tab the information displayed is incorrect. Where it should show the title of the subscription that I have, it shows a different station that I have never subscribed to. The only station I am subscribed to on podcast is the Dave Ramsey show so in theory it should be the only one that shows up under "my podcasts" correct? However, instead it shows this channel by the name of to intelligence squared US debates" (the name is irrelevant, it's just not the right one. When you search for the Dave Ramsey show the only option is to "unsubscribe" from The channel even though it is not showing in my podcasts.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Attached are the photo examples of what i am trying to explain.

May 4, 2016 7:56 PM in response to Tylerross614

You are correct that the subscribed podcast should be listed under My Podcasts

First, try a simple Reset: hold down the Home and Power buttons until you see the Apple logo (15-20 seconds).

Is it possible the "wrong" podcast was downloaded or subscribed to on another device, computer or by someone else using the same Apple ID?

On your second screenshot, it shows that you do not have any of the "correct" podcast episodes downloaded to your device and that all of them have already been played, or were marked as played.

- Top on the iCloud icon on one episode and see if that makes the podcast show up.

- Top on one of the episodes shown in your Store search results, then top it to play. You should see the " ... " icon, top on it then select Mark Unplayed on another episode, then download it.

Let me know what the results are.

May 4, 2016 8:09 PM in response to Rysz

I tried the reset and it hasn't done anything different. there are no other Apple devices that my Apple ID is connected to. I tried downloading episode and it does download the correct episode however shows the incorrect station still, when I select the station under my podcasts it does take me to that incorrect station. My biggest problem at this point is it is not downloading or refreshing the daily podcast like it normally would be from the Dave Ramsey show.

User uploaded file

This episode is from the Dave Ramsey show however shows the incorrect podcast station like I mentioned before

Jul 4, 2016 7:27 AM in response to Tylerross614

Hello, I had this annoying problem too but discovered a fix; see below.

It appears that the Podcasts that get saved to the iPhone get scrambled, so that the Podcast author/station (not sure the correct term) you wanted gets mixed up with some other random Podcast that you likely never even heard of. When you look at your Podcast list, it shows the "wrong" station, but if you tap into it, you might see the feed or saved of the "right" station. I suspect that some of the internal data on the phone got corrupted somehow.

I tried to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe to the right station, but it didn't work -- it was still connected to the "wrong" one.

I was able to solve this by "tricking" my iPhone in the following way to regenerate the stations:

• First, be careful to not unsubscribe from the station you want, even if it got corrupted, because you may lose old downloads that you wanted to save, and those downloads might no longer be in the station feed.
  • In your Podcasts app on the iPhone, Search for the "wrong" station that "took over" the station you actually wanted to subscribe to.
  • Subscribe to the "wrong" station (even though you don't really want to).
  • Search for the station/author you want to subscribed to, and subscribe to that Podcast (if you aren't already subscribed to it...see caution above)
  • Now go to My Podcasts; you should see both the "wrong" station and the right one.
  • Tap Edit
  • Delete the "wrong" station
  • Now go to the "right" station/author and verify that it is appearing correctly.

I did these steps above and it worked for me: the mystery invader station is gone, and the station I wanted it working normally.

Podcasts is showing incorrect subscription information??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.