Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes restore taking long time

My phone has been glitching, fast draining battery, etc so the Apple Tech on the phone advised me to restore my iPhone 6. I connected to iTunes, did a backup, restored my iphone, set up as new device, and hit 'restore from backup'. That was 3 hours ago and it still says I have 4 hours to go. Should I wait it out? Should I stop it and abort the mission? How else can I get my stuff back??

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:09 PM

6 replies

Nov 18, 2016 4:26 AM in response to terry8732

I had this problem having had the requirement to restore my iPhone after help from Applecare. I screen shared with the Apple guy as I was getting 100 hrs restore time reported and I showed him my BB speed was 75/20, he was amazed and checked the Apple servers and got a report that all was well.

On a hunch I went next door and used my neighbours (slower) BB and had the restore completed in less than 20 minutes.

I have reported it to my ISP and I am still in discussion with them. I remembered I had a similar problem with Office365 continually failing to upgrade. My ISP fixed that problem.

With my iPhone I was due to be in the US in less than 100 hrs, panic was an understatement.

iTunes restore taking long time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.