Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I download my pics from my iPhone to print at a kiosk, I am told this is due to an update Apple did. Is this true?

I have been trying to download and print my pictures from my phone at a department store kios. I have tried this at several stores and the pictures show up as blank when I download them. I am being told this is due to an update Apple did, is this true? How can I get the pictures off my phone so I can print?

Posted on May 4, 2016 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 10:03 AM

How exactly do u get your photos to download to ur phone? I'm having the same problem. I have like 700 photos but only 5 of them show up on the kiosk and on the Kodak connect app...

I've been trying to figure out how to get my pictures printed for days now and unfortunately no one in either the cvs or Walmart stores can help me...

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2017 10:03 AM in response to mwhr

How exactly do u get your photos to download to ur phone? I'm having the same problem. I have like 700 photos but only 5 of them show up on the kiosk and on the Kodak connect app...

I've been trying to figure out how to get my pictures printed for days now and unfortunately no one in either the cvs or Walmart stores can help me...

May 5, 2016 3:46 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I downloaded that Kodak link and when I pull up my photos up onlay (5) of the (22) pictures show up. I just do not understand why those (5) show up but the other ones do not. They were all taken the same night. Very frustrated now. My son moved away from where he grew up at and the pictures are from his going away party with all his friends. All I want to do is print them and it just is not cooperating with me!

Jan 4, 2017 2:25 PM in response to Lisadean01

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by making sure that the photo is downloaded completely on my device.

Turns out that since I have the photos synced with iCloud, to save space, only the thumbnail of the photo was kept on my device. Once downloaded, the photos appeared on the Kodak app. Hope this helps for you too.

Jan 22, 2017 11:50 PM in response to E31_Jurzy

On my phone, I opened each photo I wanted to print. On the bottom right side, a loading symbol would appear. Once it finished, the photo was saved locally. However, I think that after some time you again keep only the thumbnail on your device, so you would need to do this more or less before going to print...

Feb 17, 2017 10:38 AM in response to Lisadean01

If you have both WIFI and Cellular data enabled and use the Kodak Kiosk Connect App, you will be able to connect to the Kiosk (using wifi) and your device will be able to retrieve the icloud photos using the Cell data connection. It's slow and frustrating, but it works. This should also work for other brands of kiosks.

A solution for now is to download the photos to a USB or use the online ordering service if your local store has one (if they don't tell them to check out Dakis.com).

Oct 21, 2017 5:18 AM in response to gail from maine

I have the same problem. I use Walmart to prin my pictures but now when I go to print they show as only being in the cloud! That’s never happened in the years I’ve printed pic there. They use Fuji kiosk app and again I’ve never had this problem. Please help! I need to print these like yesterday!

Please send me an email so I know someone has responded!

Lisa Mede

Oct 21, 2017 8:18 AM in response to Imamimi24

If you are using iCloud Photo LIbrary, then you have to make sure that any Thumbprint photos on your device has been tapped so it will get downloaded to the device. The cloud indicates that you have Optimization turned on on your device, and the photos won't fit in full resolution on your device, so they are represented as thumbnails.

Did you recently turn on iCloud Photo LIbrary? Or did you recently upgrade to iOS 11 and versions?

GB

May 5, 2016 3:22 AM in response to gail from maine

HI Gail, I have always in the past taken my phone to Walgreens or our local grocery store and use their kiosk to make the pictures. They have cords for all kind of phones so you can plug in your phone and it will download your pictures. They come up on a computer screen and you pick which ones you want and have them printed. This is the first time it won't work, ironically I haven't done this since the last Apple update.

Why can't I download my pics from my iPhone to print at a kiosk, I am told this is due to an update Apple did. Is this true?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.