Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Nickname duplicate error

I can't seem to create a nickname on iTunes in order to leave app reviews. I tried on my iPhone and on my mac via iTunes. Every time i get the error "This nickname is taken. Enter another and try again." I even tried resorting to using a random alphanumeric generator and I still couldn't get a unique nickname. There has to be some sort of bug.

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:13 PM

8 replies

May 6, 2016 8:58 AM in response to coopdiggity

Same exact issue for me. Haven't gone so far as to have a nickname randomly generated, but I did try a nickname consisting of my blinding typing out about 15-20 random numbers several times and nothing works.

The best is when this happens in conjuction with you having typed out a long review on your phone, which this error promptly erases. Great.

May 25, 2016 11:21 AM in response to coopdiggity

I just spend over an hour on the phone with 3 different people at Apple Support and there is nothing that they can do over the phone to help. I have tried over 500 nicknames with very specific things like my name, DOB, addresses, phone numbers and they have all been taken which is hard for me to believe. Very very frustrated- I'm just trying to leave a review for a podcast.

iTunes Nickname duplicate error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.