Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there digital camera raw support by Apple for Canon 1dx Mark II

I have a new Canon 1dx Mark II and cannot import RAW image formats on iMac to Aperture or Photos. JPEG and my older 5D Mark III work fine. Is the Raw format not yet supported for the new camera yet? (OS X 10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:24 AM

current RAW support is here -- Digital camera RAW formats supported by OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

LN

7 replies

May 5, 2016 12:43 PM in response to hartc

Apple is usually very good at supporting important new Canon and Nikon cameras. While you are waiting for your camera to be supported, use the software that came with your camera to convert the RAW files to another lossless format like TIFF, or try Adobe'S DNG converter and and work with the DNG files until the camera will be supported.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

Your camera is already on Adobe's list: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Can on

May 12, 2016 4:17 AM in response to hartc

I just got a new Canon 1dx mk2 as well and just discovered the same problem. My older 1dx works fine but with the mark 2 jpegs work but not raw. It's odd it will import the raw photos and display the thumbnails but when I click on them to make them larger I get an error. How can aperture and photos not support canon's flagship camera? Do you think the photos I already loaded will work once El Capitan is updated? I assume this is a OS issue and not the photos app? Thanks

Jul 1, 2016 4:48 PM in response to hartc

As of June 24, 2016 Canon EOS 1D-X Mark II is supported by Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 6.20 available in App Store Updates section.

If you previously imported images from an unsupported camera into Aperture then after you install the Camera RAW Compatibility Update, the unsupported image thumbnail is still displayed.

That’s because Aperture will not automatically update images to use the latest Camera RAW version. Doing so could change the look of an image you had previously edited. Obviously, Apple should have thought of the case where images were previously unsupported by Camera RAW.

To reprocess the images using the new Camera RAW in Aperture, follow these steps.

1. Select one or more projects that contain the images. There is no need to select the individual images; the following command operates on all images in the selected projects.

2. Under the Photos menu, select “Reprocess Originals…”

There are two choices to make; I chose “All photos” and “Reprocess existing images”.

3. After processing is complete, you will be able to view and edit the images in Aperture.

Is there digital camera raw support by Apple for Canon 1dx Mark II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.