Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to locate the file one by one?

Normally I set the itune media folders to my external drive. But recently, it didn't connect anymore.

When I try to relink it, all music in my itune shows "!" and can't be played. Do I need to locate the file one by one to make them available again?

There're more than 2,000+ music in my playlist. Is there other ways to locate the whole folder at the same time?

Thank you very much

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2016 6:43 AM

It should connect if it has done so in the past. is it possible you renamed the drive or a folder in the path to the iTunes media. This, ny the way, is one of hte reasons why we suggest keeping an entire library on an external drive not just media.

If you find one file iTunes should offer to find others as long as you have let iTunes organize media in the past. If that does not work then likely something got renamed on the drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2016 6:43 AM in response to Zyphyrous

It should connect if it has done so in the past. is it possible you renamed the drive or a folder in the path to the iTunes media. This, ny the way, is one of hte reasons why we suggest keeping an entire library on an external drive not just media.

If you find one file iTunes should offer to find others as long as you have let iTunes organize media in the past. If that does not work then likely something got renamed on the drive.

Do I need to locate the file one by one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.