Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s backup and software got deleted. Please help

Hi, so I plugged in my iPhone 6s to my laptop and in itunes asks me if I wanted to do a backup so I decided I might as well. I was waiting about 2 hours and the backup is still not finish and I lost all patience because I have to go to work. I decided to hold the circle/home button and the power button together. My phone turned off and when I turned it back on everything got deleted and I believe nothing backup in my itunes/laptop. Thank goodness for iCloud my photos and contacts is restored but other than that I felt like my phone is brand new again as everything got deleted from settings, application log ins, text messages (which is very important) notes, calendar, reminders and etc. Please help if anyone knows how I can somehow restore my old iPhone back. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 4, 2016 7:58 PM

1 reply

iPhone 6s backup and software got deleted. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.