Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSX showing admin credential dialog on calling VPNConfigurationSetVendorData

I've created a native VPN client and having an VPN entitlement for my VPN application.

This is a general issue with my VPN client that whenever it calls VPN configuration related functions like VPNConfigurationSetVendorData or VPNConfigurationSet intermittently OS shows admin credential dialog. On Mac OSX Yosemite and lower the behaviour is seen intermittently however, it is prominent with El Capitan.

This troubles the users with non admin accounts as they can't provide credentials in dialog and remain stuck.

I've observed admin credential dialog pops up on calling

VPNConfigurationSet

VPNConfigurationSetVendorData

Following is the code used to set authorization in vpn configuration. we use kAuthorizationFlagInteractionAllowed while creating authorization reference

int status = AuthorizationCreate(0, 0, kAuthorizationFlagInteractionAllowed,&auth);

VPNConfigurationSetAuthorization(auth);

Is there any way we can get rid of admin credential dialog? or any other way to make it work with non admin users?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:30 PM

There are no replies.

Mac OSX showing admin credential dialog on calling VPNConfigurationSetVendorData

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.