Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Way way to much Drake on the opening screen

Trying to force an artist on me will NOT make me want to purchase any of their music. When I open up itunes and go to the store all I am seeing is drake, he's on the top windows, the middle rows and some even lower. What is wrong with itunes, there are literally thousands upon thousands artists out there and apple keeps sticking this freak in my face. Since the option is there to change the music style then why not let us people " you know the customers why pay the salaries " decide what style of music opens up on the home window on our own monitors in itunes. No matter how much rap you try to shove down my throat It will not make me want to purchase it. I am an adult and as such I can choose what music I will listen to. I dont mind some suggestions after all but drake taking up 3 columns on the open screen is just way to much. How about it Apple why not let us customers set the music style that we like on our own screens. I feel uncomfortable at times shopping in itunes with Apple trying to cram musical styles that I dont like at me all the time. Remember Apple not all your customers are in their twenties, many of us are 40 and above so how about giving us adults some options. Make it so itunes remember's my musical style when I open up the itunes store, let us customize it a little bit. Over the years I have seen Apple take away customers options so it would be nice to give us one or two back. If not then please quit cramming a single artist all over the screen on every friggin row.

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:55 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2016 11:20 AM in response to ed2345

Telling someone to shop some where else is by no means being helpful ed2345, are you 12 years old. I posted a reply to this earlier but I see it was not put up, why was that. What is wrong with wanting an option to let me have my screen open up with music I like instead of music I dont like, seems like a reasonable option to me. If someone tried to sell you something by holding up a sign in front of every where you looked all day and all night for weeks would you not get tired of it.

What Apple is doing here is hard core sales tactics and I dont think that is right at all. Some people buy into it like sheep, for me it does the opposite and turns me away. I wonder if this will be posted ed.

<Edited by Host>

May 5, 2016 12:20 PM in response to spanky17

You really are not talking to Apple here. For the most part (with very limited exceptions that I won't go into) we are just users like yourself. I think your suggestion to "let us customers set the music style that we like on our own screens" is, in fact, a good one. You should submit that suggestion here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

to directly let Apple know.

May 5, 2016 12:19 PM in response to javaliga

Thank you javaliga for both your answer and link, I had trouble trying to find a place to send suggestions to itunes. I only found links to products.

I will send off my suggestion right away, also thank you for not telling me to purchase my music else ware. I work in retail and if I told my customers to shop else ware I would be out of a job very soon. I now realize that this site is not related to Apple, I just wonder if Apple knows that some people in here are telling Apples customers to basically " go away ". Having spent thousands of dollars on Apple products over many years the " just go some where else " approach was not what I wanted to hear.

Have a great day.

Mike.

Way way to much Drake on the opening screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.