Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External ultra wide monitor will not display properly.

I have a 13 inch MBP with Retina that I am trying to connect to an LG 29UM57-P ultra wide monitor. For connections it only has two HDMI ports and has a display of 2560x1080. It is only displaying at 1920x1080 regardless of whether I use the mini-display port or HDMI port. It displays at full resolution on a Windows machine without issue. When I go into About This Mac and click on the display tab it is being reported as a 34 inch 1920x1080 monitor. It appears it is not being detected properly. Is there a fix or a work around? I've already gone through the gamet of trying to force a detection and trying third party apps that claimed to give more display options, none did. Is there a way to create a profile to use the monitor in all its glory? Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), LG 29um57-P monitor on mini-display

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:40 PM

There are no replies.

External ultra wide monitor will not display properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.