Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't adjust brightness in windows after some update from apple and AMD!!

Hi.

I have 15inch MBP mid 2015. I installed windows 10 on it through bootcamp it was working fine except I saw apple update needing to download some updates one was for the AMD graphic card about the size 300mb and one small thing about 3mb for better working of the hardware I think.

I installed them both and ever since then I can't use keyboard shortcuts or even through the battery icon on the taskbar to adjust the brightness of screen.

I've tried installing AppleKeyboardInstaller64 from BootCamp6.0.6133 no luck.

I've also got this from AMD : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp still no luck

What should I do ? 😐

MacBook Pro, Windows 10, 15inch - mid2015

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:41 PM

9 replies

May 6, 2016 4:35 AM in response to Loner T

No I have "HID keyboard device"

I don't think the problem is related to keyboard though, because of 2 reasons:

First all other keyboard shortcuts like play/pause volume etc work.The only ones not working are brightness control keys.

Second I can't even adjust brightness through firmware using the windows brightness control itself (the one that should be available when you click on battery icon next to clock on bottom right corner)

May 6, 2016 1:17 PM in response to Loner T

I installed the Windows in like 10 days ago and it downloaded the support software then itself (also need to mention it almost killed me in order to get downloaded !!) has the Support software changed since then ?!

It was working perfectly fine until I made the mistake of installing the update from Apple and AMD

Anyway I attempted to download it the way you said but I just don't think I can go through the process of downloading the stuff again take a look at it yourself 😐 . But if there's absolutely no other way around it, say and I'll download it again anyway 😐

User uploaded file

Can't adjust brightness in windows after some update from apple and AMD!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.