Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I return my iphone 5s?

Hello community,

I recently purchased a refurbished iPhone 5s and it has been operating adequately for about two weeks excepting that occasionally when switching from portrait to landscape mode the screen will go blank for a second. I was willing to tolerate this; however, last night while using the map app my iPhone screen just went blank -- it had about 60% power remaining. I tried using the power button, but the phone would only bring up the apple logo then go blank again. Later, I googled for a solution whereupon I updated the software, did the "home button and power button" reset and things seem to be working fine. Unfortunately, these glitches worry me, and since this phone is still under a 30 day warranty I'm asking whether I should return this 5s while I can! This is my first iPhone (and first smart-phone as well) and I don't know how common is this issue and whether I should just get used to using the "recovery mode" trick to fix this and similar problems.

Thanks for reading!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:50 PM

4 replies

Should I return my iphone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.