Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme won't open ports

I've been having trouble using some applications on my computer after switching to an AE and found that it's because the ports required to use them are not open.

I've already tried to make a rule, reset the router to factory settings and recreate my network 3x, but the AE refuses to open them. I am able to ping the servers that I would like to contact, however canyouseeme.org still tells me that the connection is being denied.

It is running version 7.7.3.

This is happening both on my computer and my roommates, so I know it's not an issue with my computer's firewall.

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated!

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:19 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 2:37 AM in response to mjchaei

canyouseeme.org is useless with Apple airports.. even if the ports are open it cannot register them.. so ignore any internet tool.. there is only one way to find out if the port is open and that is to access it from external connection.

Remember if you use a PC there is no UPNP with apple routers.. and all ports need to be opened manually.. that can be a long list.

We cannot help with specific details and screenshots of the setup. Show us all the ports you have opened and the rules used.. that is the only way to figure out if they are correct.

Remember any AC version airport.. MUST be setup from a Mac or iOS using the airport utility.. the PC utility is useless.

If you are running games or game servers.. remember to also turn off the firewall.

AirPort Extreme won't open ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.