Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reliability?

I Want to replace my old time capsule for the new tower to improve speed and range. Have had the flat one for About 8 years, now have a new iMac and want to talke advantage of AC. The replacement seems easy but the reviews of the product are painful. Is the Thime machine 2 to reliablE? Mound it be more difficult yo use a "better: router, which one, and will I have trouble with old devices using the current setup. Ant suggestions?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 4, 2016 9:19 PM

1 reply

May 4, 2016 9:56 PM in response to OBGYNDR

The new one has not been great.

It is the cheapest Time Machine network device around.. but is seriously overdue for replacement.

I am amazed you have a first gen still working.

I can barely understand the rest..

Is the Thime machine 2 to reliablE?

IF you just want a wireless router then there are plenty to choose from.. The Asus RT-AC68U or later.. Netgear R7000 or later.. but later will be no faster.. they are now moving far ahead of the clients in terms of wireless standards used.

Reliability?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.