Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone screen fades off, but it still works..?

My phone screen keeps fading out. When I first turn it on, the apple logo appears and then it fades away after a few seconds. The screen then goes black, but the phone is still on (I can receive text messages and calls, but I cannot see anything). I can connect the phone to iTunes, but I need to get permission from the phone to access any of my data, so I cannot back it up or resort it. I've also tried reseting it, but that hasn't worked either. I did not drop it or get it wet. It was in my pocket and then I took it out and this was happening. I had to get a new phone screen recently, but I've only had it for about 2-3 weeks. I think the seller just gave me a bad screen, but I'm not sure.Someone please help!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:09 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 6:19 AM in response to maandrejr

If the simple reset doesn't help, you can try to restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your device. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your device needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact/

My phone screen fades off, but it still works..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.