Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone has a picture stuck on the background?!

this is odd but I fell asleep while waiting for my friend to reply, then when I woke up I completely forgot about it. And when I found my phone, it was still on and open on the chat. But as soon as I closed the app, the picture of the chat showed up infront of everything. For example: I would open my home screen and still see the chat and what we had typed and everything. I turned off my phone and kept it for a whole hour just incase, yet nothing happened. I am very upset actually because this is the first real damage that happened to my 1.5 year old iPhone 6. Please help and thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, null

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2016 10:53 PM

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2016 10:53 PM in response to Zaina218

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

My phone has a picture stuck on the background?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.