Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi

I am having rather strange, weird issue with just one of my latest apple device.

Whenever my newest apple device, iPhone 6s plus comes in my home Wi-Fi network range, all the other of my apple device gets connectivity, browsing issues. Once I turn my 6s plus off, all gets back to normal. I have tried all the things anywhere said in support portals online and nothing worked. It is strange that because the same 6s plus works well with similar model of Wi-Fi router from same ISP at office.

I have mix of all new and old apple devices which all works just fine when my new 6s plus is off. May be it is related to one of the previous iOS update 9.2 I guess. Wi-Fi connectivity is there all the time but none can browse.

Now I am forced to keep my new 6s plus off at home and that's is, that's the only work around for me for now.

I hope someone is really aware of issue and have a solution, I really hope.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:01 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 2:19 PM in response to mohiakhan

Please perform the following actions and after each one test to see if the problem is resolved - if so then you can omit the following steps - I have tried to list them in order of increasing effort at least on a Mac and / or an iDevice

1. Perform a forced restart - this does not delete or purge any data and troubleshoots many issues - here is how - Hold down the Off/On and Home buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow normal boot up.
  2. Settings - WiFi - <network name> - Click on forget the network - do a forced restart as per 4 and then add the network again
  3. If at home - reboot the router by unplugging for 60 seconds from the AC (mains) and then plug it back in - obviously this step cannot be done in a public place as a café/airport or university. While you are at it - make sure your router is operating on the latest firmware (check manufacturer site)
  4. Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings - remember to have WiFi passwords handy since this erases stored WiFi passwords
  5. If this is a net new device especially in your home - make sure the router is giving enough DNS numbers to accommodate everything that needs / wants a connection - stuff like the printer, Chromecast get overlooked - ask for details about this if not sure
  6. Backup the device to iTunes - Restore as NEW (not from backup) using iTunes - see if problem resolves - if yes - restore backup
  7. Turn off iCloud Drive on your 6S Plus - Settings - iCloud - iCloud Drive - toggle to OFF
  8. Make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

May 5, 2016 2:56 PM in response to mohiakhan

I have seen this issue reported several times on this forum recently with no apparent solution yet. An iPhone, usually a 6 Plus or 6s Plus, hogs all the bandwidth when it connects to Wi-Fi. This could be explained if the router has QoS enabled and it gives the iPhone a very high priority but this is unlikely in your case. You could try giving Apple feedback here http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html or perhaps call AppleCare and report it. It could be a bug.

Regardless below is a User Tip I wrote about Wi-Fi issues just in case one helps.

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

User Tip: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9892

wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.