Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone crashed, lost all pictures/text messages

HELP!

My iphone 6 randomly crashed a couple days ago and I lost 2,500 pictures. Today, my iphone crashed AGAIN and it erased ALL of my text messages, and now when I get a text it doesn't alert me or show up on my homescreen even though it's set in my message notifications as such. My iPad still shows the messages, but once i answer a text on my phone, the conversation disappears from my iPad. Anyone have any idea what is going on, or if my texts/photos are salvageable?!

<3

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 4, 2016 11:35 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 9:00 AM in response to deejay_ej

deejay_ej wrote:

HELP!

My iphone 6 randomly crashed a couple days ago and I lost 2,500 pictures. Today, my iphone crashed AGAIN and it erased ALL of my text messages, and now when I get a text it doesn't alert me or show up on my homescreen even though it's set in my message notifications as such. My iPad still shows the messages, but once i answer a text on my phone, the conversation disappears from my iPad. Anyone have any idea what is going on, or if my texts/photos are salvageable?!

<3

you would need to restore from your icloud/iTunes backup to retrieve lost photos/message assuming you backed up your device.

However I would suggest you make an appointment with the genius bar and take the phone into Apple and have it looked at.

iphone crashed, lost all pictures/text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.