Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri on Apple TV 4 not searching movie content

Hope somebody can help!

Siri on my Apple TV (4th gen) just won't search if I ask any movie/show related questions. e.g. questions like "Find movies with actor XY", "Show me good comedies", "Show me best action movies on netflix", or during a movie "who is the director"... all such questions are being responded by Siri with phrases like "Hm, I couldn't find anything like that", and once she responed by saying she couldn't search for this in my region.

The curious thing is that I have a proxy (unblocker) but it is perfectly working. I can stream US iTunes and US netflix content without any issues. And this problem with Siri just started to happen one or maybe two weeks ago. Before that there have been no issues. I can still use Siri to search for content in the appstore, or to dictate passwords, or to ask for the weather... only movie content questions are not being answered.

The Apple ID is US, region is US, even timezone is US. No idea what to do. It is a hassle, especially since the netflix app doesn't provide for a categories view of their film content, without Siri it's virtually impossible to list through movies belonging to a specific category (like comedies, dramas, etc.).

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:15 AM

6 replies

May 5, 2016 7:23 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Hey, thanks for your help. But am I wrong if I believe that Siri taps into the server depending on the region that's set up in settings of my Apple TV? My ID is a US one, the store I connect to is also US. Siri should be tapping into the US server. Anyway, the site you linked to says that Siri will search the iTunes Store in every country, however my Siri won't do that also.

Siri on Apple TV 4 not searching movie content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.