Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam Audio Channel Selection Problem

Hi.

I'm editing a two camera shoot. One of the cameras has three tracks of audio on it. One form a lavelier mic, one is a feed from the house mixing desk and one in-camera scratch audio. I have synced the two cameras using PluralEyes and then imported the resulting multi-cam synced track into FCPX via XML.

Here's the problem. The one camera/channel that has the three audio tracks on it has all three waveforms appearing. The in camera mic is appearing on all three audio tracks. No matter which one I select, it is outputting the in camera audio. I can't select either of the two good audio channels.

Anyone???

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:39 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 3:04 AM in response to Alasdair Mc Broom

What exactly do you mean by "one camera has three tracks of audio"? Which camera is it? How did you ingest this audio? I am suspecting you may have already mixed them down. Please ellaborate on how you captured this.

FCP X has great syncing capabilities, and you may get excellent results by just bringing the audio and video clips in and creating a multicam without involving pluraleyes in your workflow.

May 5, 2016 3:11 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I think you may be right in that they are already mixed down as a result of using PluralEyes as a round trip to FCPX. It's the only way that this can be happening. I had a look at PluralEyes and there is no way of selecting audio channels. One small point though - I can export the same thing from PE and into Premier Pro CC and all audio tracks come out fine. I do prefer editing in FCPX though

The original clips are fine in FCPX and I can select any of the three audio channels.

I'm halfway through an edit of three hours worth of conference footage and am trying to avoid having to re-edit. Hence my desire to try and find a solution to my current position. I looks like I may have to go back to square one and use FCPX to sync. DOH!

Lesson learned the hard way - as usual.

Multicam Audio Channel Selection Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.