Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting the message 'This Mac cannot connect to iCloud because of a problem with my iCloud Id, open iCloud preferences to resolve' I do that after entering my password which is accepted and then after a minute or two the messages comes back.

Keep getting the message 'This Mac cannot connect to iCloud because of a problem with my iCloud Id, open iCloud preferences to resolve' I do that after entering my password which is accepted and then after a minute or two the messages comes back.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:19 AM

12 replies

May 5, 2016 9:40 AM in response to ptapp

I feel your pain ptapp!

Through my searching for an answer that fixes this problem I've concluded that not even Apple knows how to fix this iCloud password problem.

All 4 of my devices continuously ask for my password because of some problem with xyz account.

I then enter the correct password only to be told that iCloud can't verify my password.

Then after several repeats of this I get locked out and have to go to apple id site to change my password.

I didn't spend $6,000 on these beautiful devices so I could spend countless hours dealing with support (with no positive result) and just end up beyond myself in frustration. I have a Mac Pro, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, and a iPod touch. All are behaving this way no matter what it is I'm doing at the time.

Apple needs to fix this if they have any idea how to.

May 6, 2016 12:57 PM in response to ptapp

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned from Kurt Lang

May 6, 2016 1:24 PM in response to Eric Root

I Have sent feedback twice now.

you asked if Papp has changed his password recently, for me that is true, because Apple locks me out and forces me to change it. This just creates more problems with the account and unrecognized passwords on my other devices. What a pain this has become. I love Apple products but I'm about to just get off the grid and live life without all the clouds blocking my sunshine, lol.

May 6, 2016 1:30 PM in response to Eric Root

So do you know for fact that this will work? How will it change the problem on my 2 iPads and iPhone?

Just signing in here today my new password that I was forced to create this morning wasn't auto saved and updated even though I told it to save and update in iCloud Keychain. I miss Steve Jobs, he would not tolerate thus incompetence. They've known about this since Maverick and iOS 7 was out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.