Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 shut off unexpected

MY iPhone 6 shut off its self, when press, shows battery low sign, but there still have 80 % remain, updated new system 9.3.1,

still same problem. Anybody know how to fix it? Many thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2017 4:19 PM

I have tried all of the fixes. I have calibrated the battery. I have deleted apps. I have restored it completely. This started just after I upgraded to 10.2. Prior to this, I would get at least a day and a half without charging. My phone shuts down anytime the battery gets to between 40% and 30%. No warning, just black screen. I plug it in and it shows no battery at all. I rely on my phone to do my work. This is totally unacceptable! Please, Apple, help!

iOS 10.2 iPhone 6

Firmware 5.32.00

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2017 4:19 PM in response to Kaiqun

I have tried all of the fixes. I have calibrated the battery. I have deleted apps. I have restored it completely. This started just after I upgraded to 10.2. Prior to this, I would get at least a day and a half without charging. My phone shuts down anytime the battery gets to between 40% and 30%. No warning, just black screen. I plug it in and it shows no battery at all. I rely on my phone to do my work. This is totally unacceptable! Please, Apple, help!

iOS 10.2 iPhone 6

Firmware 5.32.00

Jan 18, 2017 11:45 AM in response to dvgal

I'm having the same problem with an iPhone 6, gets to anywhere in between 20% and 30% battery life and any number of functions makes it shut down completely and after plugging in for 30 seconds then shows 25% or more battery life. And the battery life in general has degraded significantly since the last upgrade, to the point the phone will not even last 8 hours with very light use. Apple, are you there? Seems like they are replacing 6s batteries that have the same problem but unfortunately I had to buy a 6 (work change) about 2 weeks before the 6s came out. Seems like a phone that is 1 year and 3 months old shouldn't be failing like this without any offer of support.

May 5, 2016 2:20 PM in response to Kaiqun

You may need to calibrate your iPhone's battery.

Use your iPhone until it's completely dead then charge it to 100% (do not use your iPhone while its charging). The hold the home button and power button. Your phone will appear off however you must keep holding the buttons down until you see an Apple logo appear.

It is recommended that you do a full charge cycle each week. You should use the iPhone until its battery indicator shows that the battery charge level is below 20%, then charge the iPhone fully (do not use your iPhone while its charging.

Aug 4, 2016 9:05 AM in response to problemsovler123

Did this and still have the same problem. My phone will say I have anywhere from 20-37% battery life left, If I go to use Siri the phone will shut off and not turn back on until I plug it into a power source. It will then take 5-10 minutes for the white apple screen to appear and the battery life will then say 50%. If I try again to use Siri the same thing happens.

Nov 11, 2016 8:17 PM in response to Kaiqun

Have this problem, particularly when I use the camera. Has happened a number of times and latest time with over 60% battery remaining. I often run the battery down to less than 20% so I don't think it's a battery use issue. I've noticed lately since this has been happening my battery seems to drain quicker over the day than it used to and checking battery use there is no unexpected (or new) app using much battery.

Dec 1, 2016 8:33 AM in response to jaymekral

Well since I got off the beta track and installed 10.1.1, I haven't seen the issue. I _have_ still noticed much reduced battery life, so I wonder if it's an issue with faulty batteries and the OS getting a signal that the battery is more dead than it actually is...

I'd do a full backup, a full device reset, and restore the backup if you haven't already. Otherwise, head into an Apple Store with a low battery and try to show them it happening. That was my plan if it continued, but haven't seen it happen again since getting off the beta.

iPhone 6 shut off unexpected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.