Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ps express im iPhoto

ich verwende ps express um die Fotos zu bearbeiten.

doch iPhoto übernimmt diese Bilder nicht in der Mediathek.

Was muss ich machen?

iOS 7.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:17 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2016 6:13 AM in response to Angela_I

Google Treanlation

I use ps express to edit the photos.

but iPhoto accepts these pictures in the library.

What should I do?

Unless you provide details we can only guess -

if you do not want to use iPhoto then in the iPhoto preferences ==> advances set the action when a camera is connected to do nothing nothing and use image capture or the finder to download your photos and use them how every you want

And note that iPhoto does not automatically import photos - it opens and you import the photos - or just close iPhoto without importing

LN

May 15, 2016 4:38 AM in response to Angela_I

Using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements as Your Editor of Choice in iPhoto.

1 - select Photoshop or Photoshop Elememts as your editor of choice in iPhoto's General Preference Section's under the "Edit photo:" menu.

User uploaded file

2 - double click on the thumbnail in iPhoto to open it in Photoshop. When you're finished editing click on the Save button. If you immediately get the JPEG Options window make your selection (Baseline standard seems to be the most compatible jpeg format) and click on the OK button. Your done.

3 - however, if you get the navigation window

User uploaded file

that indicates that PS wants to save it as a PS formatted file. You'll need to either select JPEG from the menu and save (top image) or click on the desktop in the Navigation window (bottom image) and save it to the desktop for importing as a new photo.

This method will let iPhoto know that the photo has been editied and will update the thumbnail file to reflect the edit..

With Photoshop Elements the Saving File preferences should be configured as shown:

User uploaded file

I also suggest the Maximize PSD File Compatabilty be set to Always. In PSE’s General preference pane set the Color Picker to Apple as shown:

User uploaded file

Screenshots are from PSE 10

Note 1: to switch between iPhoto and PS or PSE as the editor of choice Control (right)-click on the thumbnail and select either Edit in iPhoto or Edit in External Editor from the contextual menu. If you use iPhoto to edit more than PSE re-select iPhoto in the iPhoto General preference pane. Then iPhoto will be the default editor and you can use the contextual menu to select PSE for your editor when desired.

Note 2: editing a RAW file with either PSE or PS creates a new file which must be saved outside of iPhoto, i.e. the Desktop, and imported as a new photo into the iPhoto Library.

User uploaded file

May 15, 2016 4:48 AM in response to Angela_I

DAnke für die Antwort, doch ist nicht dies was ich suche.

Formuliere es mal anderst.

Ich verwende PS Express um meine Fotos auf dem iPhone zu bearbeiten.

diese werden dann in Fotos gespeichert. Wenn ich das iPhone dann mit dem Mac verbinde um diese Fotos im iPhoto auf dem Mac in "Ereignisse" abzuspeichern, speichert es mir nur das originale Bild/Foto.

DIe Fotos sind in "meine Streams" jedoch richtig (=überarbeitet) zu sehen.

WIe kann ich die Fotos richtig vom iPhone auf den Mac übertragen, um diese auch in der Mediathek überarbeitet abzuspeichern?

May 15, 2016 5:05 AM in response to Angela_I

Wenn ich das iPhone dann mit dem Mac verbinde um diese Fotos im iPhoto auf dem Mac in "Ereignisse" abzuspeichern, speichert es mir nur das originale Bild/Foto.

Angela, wenn Du das iPhone mit dem Mac verbindest und sie in iPhoto überträgst, werden nur die Originalversionen in der "Camera Roll" übertragen, nicht die Veränderungen. Sichere eine Kopie des verarbeiteten Bildes in Photos, bevor Du die Bilder vom iPhone importierst.

Oder sende das verarbeitete Bild vom iPhone per email.

ps express im iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.