Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transition times not changing

Hi Folks,

Since the latest update to iMovie I am no longer able to alter the duration of transitions between clips. I am half way through a project and this has thrown all my work up in the air now. I keep getting the same message saying "The clips do not have enough media for the transition." This is despite the clips having more than enough media. This problem has only started to happen since the latest update. Anyone else having the same issue? any ideas fora fix-a-round ?

Cheers Guys

Mark

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 4:32 AM

You need to shorten the clip on each side of the transition in order to create sufficient unused video for the transition to overlap. The issue is not how much

media that you have in the clip, but how much unused (trimmed back) media that you have in the clip.

This thread may be of help to you, particularly GeeD's posts. iMovie 10.1.2 Precision Editor

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 4:32 AM in response to MvDarby

You need to shorten the clip on each side of the transition in order to create sufficient unused video for the transition to overlap. The issue is not how much

media that you have in the clip, but how much unused (trimmed back) media that you have in the clip.

This thread may be of help to you, particularly GeeD's posts. iMovie 10.1.2 Precision Editor

Transition times not changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.