Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won't boot, but fans spinning really fast

All of a sudden my MacBook Pro (Model: A1425) starts having problems. I have tried different things as per internet suggestions, but as yet had no luck figuring out what is wrong with this laptop.

When I go to boot up the laptop by pressing the power button, just the fans start spinning at high speed, nothing else. When I hold down the power button for a few seconds, I am able to stop the fans from spinning. As soon as I press the power button again, same thing. I have tried SHIFT+CTRL+OPT+POWER. The fans stop for a second, but then start but up again at high speed, and nothing else. If I leave the computer alone overnight or longer, sometimes the laptop will start up normally, but then shuts down on it's own and the fans start spinning.

It is 100km to the nearest Apple Service Centre so I am hoping that someone on here will have some ideas on how to fix this issue. I am more than happy to replace parts if necessary, but I need to isolate the problem first. Can anyone please assist?

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1, Model: A1425

Posted on May 5, 2016 3:29 AM

3 replies

MacBook Pro won't boot, but fans spinning really fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.