Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many apps don't can't be found in the app store

SInce a week or so when I search for certain apps in the app store they don't show up in the search results anymore. If I got them before I will find them under 'purchases' and can re-install them. Even some apps I have installee will not show up in App Store when I search for them.

Among them are Soundcloud, Bandcamp and Spotify. Still when I type in the search keyword, I will see them, e.g. when I type Spo the first three proposed search terms are spotify, spotify free and spotify premium. Yet when I tap any of them I get several apps but none are Spotify itself. Even iCloud Drive will not show up in search results in App Store, not even on search word Apple.

It is the exact same on my iPhone.

Where did they go?

iPad, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:52 AM

There is an issue with the App Store today. There are many reporting this issue. Please try again later.

Since you mentioned the issue for "a week or so" you could also try resetting the App Store:

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the App Store pane by scrawling to the left.

Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

Also try going to Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section. Test installing again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 8:52 AM in response to eblonk10

There is an issue with the App Store today. There are many reporting this issue. Please try again later.

Since you mentioned the issue for "a week or so" you could also try resetting the App Store:

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the App Store pane by scrawling to the left.

Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

Also try going to Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section. Test installing again.

Many apps don't can't be found in the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.