Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone, iCloud photolibrary only adds photos from 2016, stuck at adding ~9500 items

having all my photos stored in iCloud, only those imported/taken in 2016 are downloaded and visible. iPhone is stuck at adding ~9500 items from previous years. I can confirm that photos from previous years are visible on my iPad/old phone/ MacBook.

Tried with no success:

- disable icloud library, reboot, enable iCloud

- reset the device

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 3:54 AM

8 replies

May 5, 2016 12:25 PM in response to PSterk

How much space do you have on the phone? How much space does your photo library take up? You may not have enough space, even with optimize on.

Optimize has to analyze each image and create a thumbnail based on the amount of space on your phone. For 9000+ images, that is a lot of work. Are you leaving the phone charging on a/c at night?

I would not toggle the library off and on again. I would do a reset all settings though. No data loss, but it will clean up your volatile memory on the phone.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings. Removes your wifi password, any "remember me's" in Safari and any custom photo on your home screen.

May 5, 2016 12:38 PM in response to PSterk

OK... than why not just toggle to originals and see if you can get something flowing then. It could be lots of things. A corrupt file.

I assume you are getting your 9500 figure from iCloud.com? Have any images ever downloaded to the phone?

If you go to Settings > iCloud> Storage > Manage Storage > Photos... what is the size of your Photo Library?

New iPhone, iCloud photolibrary only adds photos from 2016, stuck at adding ~9500 items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.