Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple TV's with Apple TV in one room and more than one ipad, will they interfere with eachother via airplay?

I plan on having 2 separate TV screens in one room, both will have Apple TV boxes connected via HDMI and there will be no internet connection. I would like to be able to use 2 separate ipads in the room with each one connected to one of the TV’s at the same time. Will these connect via airplay independently so as not to interrupt the other one when connecting and disconnecting? I just want to make sure that when one person goes to connect on airplay that it does not interfere with the other person already connected to one of the TV’s. I hope this makes sense.

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:47 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2016 6:04 AM in response to Vinceassociate

Basically we want to have 2 TV's set up with Apple TV on an exhibition stand where there will be no wifi and connect our ipads to the TV's to play videos from and show photos etc...

We just want to make sure that when one person is already connected to one TV that when the other connects it goes to the TV that is not being used rather than the one that is already in use if this makes sense.

Airplay just requires bluetooth so no wifi should be required if I am correct?

Thank you in advance for your help!

May 5, 2016 6:29 AM in response to kyledxn

Makes sense. You need wifi to allow data transfer. Bluetooth alone is not adequate.

When setting up the two TV's make sure you name each Apple TV a different name otherwise you could be embarrassed when it goes to the wrong monitor.

Given the critical need for you to look flawless, I would purchase 2 Apple Lightning to HDMI adapters and long HDMI cables as backups.

Getting Airplay to work in a home environment is ok but being on a exhibition floor with who knows what kinds of unpredictable radio interference present, I would count on having problems.

Could it work if you bring a wifi network? Yes.

If it were me, I would go the cable and adapter route. It is bulletproof and you can focus on the sales and not waste time excusing your technical difficulties.

Multiple TV's with Apple TV in one room and more than one ipad, will they interfere with eachother via airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.