Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I simply share my iPhone photos via ATV without internet connection?

Hi I'm looking to use my iPhone 5s to show a slideshow on my monitor via ATV, but its at a remote location without Wifi connection. All images are stored remotely on the iPhone. Will my iPhone still pair up for Airplay, do I just use my Hotspot connection? Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 5:36 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2016 6:12 AM in response to Spot On George

The simplest thing to do would be to use an Apple Lightning to HDMI connector and skip the ATV.

If you go the ATV route, you need a Wifi network to allow Airplay to function. You could use a hotspot to support this.

I suggest you try out the hotspot at home by connecting the ATV to it and see what happens.

I personally would buy the adapter and try that as well. If you don't end up liking the adapter solution, the Apple Store does have a 14 day no questions asked return policy.

May 5, 2016 6:28 AM in response to Vinceassociate

Thanks, already spent a fortune on cables and was about to buy an official Apple HDMI adapter, when they talked me into using ATV instead... One forum suggested both devices would work fine if they were 'on the same network' whatever that means. I just don't wanna turn up at an exhibition to find I have a blank screen after spending so much to make it work already... Guess I'll have to pop to Apple.... again.

May 5, 2016 6:44 AM in response to Spot On George

The ATV with Airplay is really cool at home. No wires is pretty awesome. In an exhibition hall not so much. There are so many unpredictable sources of radio interference there it would be an unreliable nightmare. Could it work? Yes.

The cable and Apple adapter are bulletproof.

If it were me, I would go with the cable and adapter and forgo the cool.

Take that ATV back if that is the only thing you bought it for.

Can I simply share my iPhone photos via ATV without internet connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.