Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sending an email as an attachment

iMac 5k Retina

El Capitan (10.11.1)

Hello,

How do I send an email as an attachment to an email I have already created, as using the "forward as an attachment" option drops the email into a blank email?

Thanks

R

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:34 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2016 8:41 AM in response to Repurr

I do not use Apple Mail app - but each email client I have used has not had the ability to attach an email message "after the fact", including my current choice Mozilla Thunderbird - I can attach Files, Webpages, my own vCard.

As a workaround - if you need to attach to an 'in progress' email,

1. copy your new content (or all content if a reply w/ inline conversation) >
  2. then go to the email which you want to FWD as ATT >
  3. do so >
  4. then paste your copied content
  5. voila!

May 5, 2016 9:01 AM in response to Repurr

Hello Repurr, I am assuming you already typed the email contents and found out after you wanted to forward as attachment. I also Don't use apple mail to often, I use Outlook 2016. But on Apple Mail you can Click the Forward as attachment on the email that you would like to forward, When The dialog opens with a new email message, Double Click on the attachment and click save to downloads, Go back to the message you want to insert it to and drag the file from your download folder to the message. Or you could just copy the contents of your existing email to the new email.

May 5, 2016 9:25 AM in response to Repurr

Repurr wrote:

iMac 5k Retina

El Capitan (10.11.1)

Hello,

How do I send an email as an attachment to an email I have already created, as using the "forward as an attachment" option drops the email into a blank email?

Thanks

R

Save the email you want to attach as 'raw source' this will produce a .eml file. Attach this to the new email you are in the process of writing. You can do this without needing to close the draft email you are in the middle of writing.

sending an email as an attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.