Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery swollen and keyboard not working

I noticed last night that my keyboard on my 2010 macbook pro wasn't working and later also noticed that the bottom of the casing was being pushed away from the rest of the body by the battery which has swelled. I've had to remove the bottom of the casing to relieve the pressure on the battery as I don't have the required tools to take it out. Obviously this is an issue as I don't want it to end up exploding. I am out of warranty but I feel I still shouldn't have to pay ridiculous amounts to get my battery and keyboard replaced as it shouldn't be doing this after only 5 years.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:37 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 7:21 AM in response to Hayley30g

You’ve had the computer for 5 years - that’s a good run for any computer especially a notebook. Unplug it and stop using it. Keeping it plugged in will only make the swelling worse. You have no idea how much Apple will charge for the repair beyond the battery replacement fee which is about $130 US. Get to an authorized repair center sooner rather than later.

Battery swollen and keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.