Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Turn off Safri 'Top Hits' on iOS?

Hi guys, this has been irritating me for some time. I've had an iPhone and iPad for some time now and since iOS 7 (if I remember correctly), Safari likes to give us suggestions. Most of these suggestions are useful, such as Google suggestions etc. however my issue is, it likes to show my reading list as a top hit. I've gone into the settings and turned off everything from 'Safari suggestions' 'search engine suggestions' on even 'preload top hit' but still my reading list appears in the search bar when I begin typing. I don't like how it does it. I share my iPad with my girlfriend and it's syncd with my phone and I save things in the reading list that I want to use later. Normally it wouldn't bother me much, but I currently have a link to an engagement ring, that I have hidden in my notes, but I'd prefer it to be in the reading list so it's easier to find. I dont want her typing something in and the website to just appear directly to the ring. And other than that, I also use the reading list to save... "Sensitive material" if you catch my drift. But seriously, how do I turn this off?

- Thank you

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:20 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 9:12 AM in response to Starman3107

Try resetting Safari. Close Safari completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by scrawling to the left. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

But please note that this may delete some of the info you may want to preserve.

How do I Turn off Safri 'Top Hits' on iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.