Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my Ipod Account to a laptop?

How do I transfer my music and account from Desktop to laptop?

OBS,iPod nano (3rd generation), Windows Vista

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:45 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 8:05 AM in response to RockDog12

Good question. I'm glad the question is transferring from "desktop to laptop," and NOT iPod to laptop. 🙂

NOTE: Install iTunes on the laptop, if it's not already. You can get the latest version here

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

This Apple document (linked below) describes how to first consolidate your iTunes media files into the iTunes folder, which is in your user account Music (or My Music) folder. Then, you copy that iTunes folder (which has all of your iTunes data) to an external drive, to back it up. You can restore that backed up iTunes folder from the external drive to your laptop, to replace its existing iTunes folder. When you run iTunes, iTunes uses your iTunes folder from the desktop PC. And it looks the same, with all of your songs (and other media) and supporting data (such as playlists, ratings, date added, etc.). This Apple document has the detailed steps

Manage and back up your iTunes media library - Apple Support

Since it's the same iTunes library, your iPod should continue to sync with it like before, when the library was on the desktop PC.

How do I transfer my Ipod Account to a laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.