Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled coke on my 2011 MBP

It initially turned back on but now it only turns on for a second, then off. Is it worth repairing or can it even be repaired ?

Thanks ahead for taking the time to answer this question !!

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:30 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2016 7:44 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

The laptop to which I am referring is a 2011 MBP (MacBook Pro) and I did state as such in the Subject Line "Spilled coke on my 2011 MBP".

The MODEL and PART #'s are A1278 and MC700LL/A respectively.

Of course I am going to take it to the Genius Bar @ our Apple Store but the entire reason I posted this here was to see if anyone else in

this community had a similar incident, what they did, and if it was successful or not.

Apparently I misunderstood what Apple Support Communities are for because all you did (BobTheFisherman) was reprimand me for not

listing the Model and Year #'s although it is true I did not mention the Part # which I have given here in this post.

May 5, 2016 11:09 AM in response to gracie n

Retina models have different action-paths than nonRetina. Also many people post incomplete information (no model, no year) and expect complete answers despite the gap in knowlwdge.

Yes, you put model year into title, but sometimes we miss details and "spilled <fill in the blank> into my MBP" generall yis the answer BobtheFisherman gave ... GeniusBar, and you need to decide if the repair price is worth it.

May 5, 2016 12:12 PM in response to gracie n

Liquid on a keyboard is not covered by an Apple warranty, and can either kill the device immediately, or start the unpredictable fuse to self-destruction. Your scheduled appointment at the genius bar with provide you with a repair or replace estimate.

There are a steady supply of those that report that they (or their cat) have spilled some form of liquid on their keyboard. Our advice is always the same. There are also an equal number who report that their screen is damaged because they used some solvent other than a water-dampened micro-fiber cloth. Same drill for them too.

We volunteer our time to serve those who post solvable, or advisable questions. The ASC is open around the clock.

Spilled coke on my 2011 MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.