Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update apple id??

Hi all

in order to accept a shared calendar, I have to 'sign in' to my apple id (even though I'm signed in to icloud on my mac)

It's making me update my password, I do not want to update my password I have a really old 6 letter password with no caps or numbers and I remember it very well. So rather than accept this calendar invitation, I created one and shared it instead (no need to sign in to icloud for me)

anyone else had this issue?? is there a way around this?

Granger

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:39 AM

Yes, lots of folks are having the same issue including myself. Eventually I was forced to change my PW, as it kept popping up whenever I tried to access iCloud, or other PW protected places. Both on my Mac and iPhone. There doesn't seem to be any way around it.

However it turned out that I was able to enter a shorter and more memorable PW, LOL! My original was 10 charcters long and my new PW is 8 characters. 🙂

The consensus seems to be that Apple is further protecting the cloud by asking users to change passwords more often.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 7:39 AM in response to granger morton

Yes, lots of folks are having the same issue including myself. Eventually I was forced to change my PW, as it kept popping up whenever I tried to access iCloud, or other PW protected places. Both on my Mac and iPhone. There doesn't seem to be any way around it.

However it turned out that I was able to enter a shorter and more memorable PW, LOL! My original was 10 charcters long and my new PW is 8 characters. 🙂

The consensus seems to be that Apple is further protecting the cloud by asking users to change passwords more often.

update apple id??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.