Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Phone Prompts Don't Work

Whenever I call an automated system and need to enter a number for their automated system, pressing the appropriate number on my phone screen doesn't register with their system. I hear a tone on my end, but it just doesn't trigger their system to send me down the routing tree.

This happens regardless of what company I call. The only solution I've found is to restart my phone. If I do restart my phone it will work for a few calls. Then it stops working again. I end up having to restart my phone multiple times per day.

Any ideas on how I can get this working properly?

I'm running the most recent version of iOS. 9.3.1 according to the About screen.

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 11:58 AM

1. Check for a carrier update - settings - cellular - it usually pops up if available

2. Try to put your SIM card in another phone and see if the problem resolves - that would isolate it to your phone (hardware or software)

3. If it is an issue with just your phone - restore via iTunes to factory condition and then test - it problem resolves - restore backup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 11:58 AM in response to ssipiora

1. Check for a carrier update - settings - cellular - it usually pops up if available

2. Try to put your SIM card in another phone and see if the problem resolves - that would isolate it to your phone (hardware or software)

3. If it is an issue with just your phone - restore via iTunes to factory condition and then test - it problem resolves - restore backup

iPhone 6s Phone Prompts Don't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.