Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Disable iCloud Music Library

As the title suggests, I want to disable iCloud Music Library in iTunes on my PC, but am unable to do so. I have absolutely no interest in using iCloud Music Library and I'm getting sick of it telling me my session has expired and asking me to login every time I start iTunes.

Having spent a decent chunk of time trying to figure this out, I've found a lot of posts on line that to turn it off I just need to go to general preferences and uncheck the option which is directly beneath "Show Apple Music." The problem is I do not have this option. Its literally not there.

I'm assuming what happened is that all these posts are referring to older versions of iTunes, and for whatever reason this option was removed in later updates. If that is the case, please tell me that there's some other way to disable iCloud Music Library.

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:21 AM

So I kept going down the rabbit hole of apple support pages and finally found the solution.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7314488?answerId=29278770022#29278770022

I forgot to mention, but I have never used iCloud Music Library or Apple Music, so I couldn't figure out why it was telling me my "session had expired" when I never initiated a session to begin with. And maybe that's why the option to turn it off never showed up in my preferences.

The fact that the solution to this was simply to signout, restart iTunes, and then sign back in makes me think this must be a bug. And because of the ridiculous difficulty I had in finding a solution its an especially frustrating bug.

I hope this this question helps some one else who's dealing with this ********.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 8:21 AM in response to mcowper

So I kept going down the rabbit hole of apple support pages and finally found the solution.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7314488?answerId=29278770022#29278770022

I forgot to mention, but I have never used iCloud Music Library or Apple Music, so I couldn't figure out why it was telling me my "session had expired" when I never initiated a session to begin with. And maybe that's why the option to turn it off never showed up in my preferences.

The fact that the solution to this was simply to signout, restart iTunes, and then sign back in makes me think this must be a bug. And because of the ridiculous difficulty I had in finding a solution its an especially frustrating bug.

I hope this this question helps some one else who's dealing with this ********.

Unable to Disable iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.