Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery life on standby lasted less than a week

I bought a ipod nano 7th generation in March 2016. I usually use it during workouts, 3 times a week for 20 minutes. Most of the time, no music, or bluetooth is running and the screen is turned off by me pressing the on/off sleep button. However, I get very erratic battery life. Sometimes, it can hold the charge for almost 2 weeks. But I charged it last weekend and used it twice this week so far. Now the battery is dead (it asks me to connect to power when I turn it on).

Can someone tell me if this is normal? Beside, resetting the ipod and re-calibrating the battery, is there anything else I should do?

Thanks,

Gary

iPod nano (7th generation, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:52 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 9:14 AM in response to Gary Leung

If you do not use your 7th gen iPod nano in between your workouts, I believe you can turn it completely OFF, instead of putting it into sleep mode. To do this, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button at the top, until you see a "spinning wheel" on the screen. When the screen goes dark, the iPod is powered OFF. To turn it back ON, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button, until the iPod starts up. Maybe you'll get more consistent time between charging, if the iPod is completely OFF, instead of sleeping, between your workouts.

battery life on standby lasted less than a week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.