Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please suggest note taking app

I am looking for 3 things [ need all 3 ]

1. Ability to add different pages [ blank / ruled ...] in PDF

2. When i want to add text , it automatically aligns the text b/w lines and when i press enter , it goes to next space b/w lines [like in notability]

3. Ability to add shapes [resizeable] directly on PDF

I am asking here because i bought notability , it has 1,2 not 3 . I also bought PDF expert 5 , it has 1,3 not 2.

Please suggest some app which can do all 3

Thanks

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.1, note taking

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:56 AM

18 replies

May 7, 2016 8:46 PM in response to MilanDaamJi

Kinda hard to suggest any notes apps since there are many and not all may cover everything you want to do.

What is wrong with you doing your own search in the iOS App Store look through all the descriptions to find a note app that will do what you want.

You may or may not find an app that does what you.

Asking someone here about this is likely going to give a bunch of note apps to look at or very few alternatives.

Best to search the iOS App Store yourself to find what seek, if it is available.

Good Luck!

May 8, 2016 4:47 PM in response to MilanDaamJi

MilanDaamJi wrote:

I think , i made a mistake of choosing ipad pro over surface pro.

You have 14 days to return a device you purchased from Apple. Even if you're beyond that, you can see your iPad Pro for a very good price and use the proceeds to buy a tablet you feel better meets your needs. Life is too short to try to use tools that aggravate you.

May 8, 2016 5:23 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

And to ask advice, which is exactly what this poster did. The one problem is he didn't do it before he made his purchase. My suggestion would be for him to contact the two or 3 note taking apps he bought and request ant missing features he might want. Third party apps will often accommodate customer feature requests. Also you should contact Apple support. You are still under your free 90 day phone support where you can just phone up and ask any question you want about using your device. Not just solve problems. I'm sure between Apple and these few third party apps, you can get what you want. Next time research your purchase just as diligently as you post and complain on this forum and you will have a much better ownership experience with your tablet.

May 8, 2016 5:31 PM in response to BangkokDangerous

BangkokDangerous wrote:

Also you should contact Apple support. You are still under your free 90 day phone support where you can just phone up and ask any question you want about using your device. Not just solve problems. I'm sure between Apple and these few third party apps, you can get what you want. Next time research your purchase just as diligently as you post and complain on this forum and you will have a much better ownership experience with your tablet.

I purchased my iPad more than 90 days ago and am not asking for assistance. If that was intended as advice to the OP, I'm pretty sure that Apple Support will not research note taking apps for them.

MichelPM never suggested that the OP not post the question here. And, in his answer, he gave the OP suggestions about how to go about finding an app. No one here is likely to go slogging through the App Store looking for apps that meet the OP's criteria.

May 8, 2016 10:39 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

First of all, the OP is under their first 90 days of ownership. Apple support will let the op know if now or anytime soon the stock Apple note taking app will or can do these things. Actually, Apple support has many times in the past for me, recommended a 3rd party app when their stock apps could not do something I needed. Finally 3rd party apps will answer questions regarding their apps. Get your head out of the sand. I was responding to your sarcastic reply regarding my reply to another poster. This forum is all about asking for ADVICE and TECHNICAL SUPPORT! not just tech support. The op was 100% correct By coming here. This will be my final message on this subject so feel free to get your last words in but I won't reply again. You clearly have too much time on your hands.

Please suggest note taking app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.