Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Retina

iPad mini Retina is updated to the latest IOS. Sari Voice is on. Yesterday the ipad, not long after Sari was turned on, would no longer respond to the touch Screen. The iPad was turned off and on again and you could not slide the slide to unlock Button. The slide to power off button would also not slide. I reset the iPad and obtained the Apple logo and it powered up, but still would not slide to unlock. When touched, Sari voice said Unlock Button. Is there anything else to try except the Apple Store which is 50 miles away.

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 10:43 AM

You have enabled VoiceOver. This means you need to double tap the slider to activate it.

Try triple clicking the home button, to turn off VoiceOver however.

If that does not work, you will have to double tap each control, in order to navigate to Settings->General->Accessibility->VoiceOver, and turn it Off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 10:43 AM in response to JALaswell

You have enabled VoiceOver. This means you need to double tap the slider to activate it.

Try triple clicking the home button, to turn off VoiceOver however.

If that does not work, you will have to double tap each control, in order to navigate to Settings->General->Accessibility->VoiceOver, and turn it Off.

May 5, 2016 10:50 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks a Million Phil. My wife is very disabled and her iPad is her life. Her Kindle Keyboard went down yesterday and would no longer work and so she turned on Voice Over for her iPad to read to her in the Kindle app and then it locked up on her. The iPad is now working without Voice Over.

The normal 3 taps on the home button would not turn it off and it took 10 minutes of dual taps on the slide to unlock button before it worked. But it did finally allowed me to get in and turn off Voice over. Every thing else now appears to be working. It means lot to both of us.

iPad Mini Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.