Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horrible Performance w/Windows 10 - Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012

My setup is a
Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012 - Intel Core o7 3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz

Nvidia Geforce 650M
16GB ram

Im having issues with my CPU being overloaded, the computer is running hot constantly with fans blaring, even as I write this with no other programs running.
Playing games, the only reason I installed windows, is impossible without constant stuttering on the lowest graphic settings. In fact, when playing games that have mac and pc versions, the mac version always runs better than when i try to run the same game on my windows partition.

In the past, I ran windows 7 on a 2011 iMac with amazing results. High performance games ran beautifully, the only problem I had was the cpu not telling the fans to turn on, a quick fix with fan management software. This laptop is newer and just about as powerful so I would expect similar results.

Ive installed the latest and past drivers for my graphics card, Ive experimented with different power management options, tried to locate all settings that have anything to do with throttling the cpu, nothing has improved performance.

The only possible thing I think might be causing problems is that I replaced the disc drive with a SSD. However, my windows partition is running from the stock drive.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1, Mid 2012 - i7 2.6 GHz 16gb Ram

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:58 AM

1 reply

Horrible Performance w/Windows 10 - Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.