Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad has been dead for a couple of months and i just now could buy a new charging wire after my old one was damaged how long to i have to wait to try and turn it on and how would i go about doing that?

my original ipad is dead trying to get it working again...

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 11:16 AM

Hi

Just leave it on charge for about 3 hours with new cable .

Cheers

Brian

4 replies

May 5, 2016 11:15 AM in response to elcpu

Not buying it...yet!

I charged up my iPod Touch and my original iPad.

My iPod has been not charged for over a year.

I have been using it and it appears that it is working fine.

I just charged up and powered up my iPad after nearly three years and it charged up fully between 4-5 hours and I have got it active and, again, appears to be operating normally.

I will confirm any issues when I let the batteries discharge some to see if there are any charging issues or if the battery won't charge from a partial discharge.

Otherwise, currently, my old iDevices seem to work fine.

They connect to WiFi, the older Bluetooth spec protocols connects to some of my current Bluetooth accessories, but not all of them.

I can get the Bluetooth to work on one Bluetooth speaker system, but not the other.

My original iPad and iPod Touch Bluetooth connect to one of my Bluetooth speakers, but for some reason won't connect to other, but not too worried about this since both of these ARE over 6 year old iDevices.

My ipad has been dead for a couple of months and i just now could buy a new charging wire after my old one was damaged how long to i have to wait to try and turn it on and how would i go about doing that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.