Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Singaporean iPhone missing for 8 months, looking to access it?

G;day guys.

My cousin gave me an iPhone he found in Singapore in the back of a Taxi back in September 2015. It did not have a SIM card in it and he told me that it appeared to have been retested, it had a pass-code with control center and notification center turned off, so he tried resetting it to iOS 9.3.1 just today and he realized that the iPhone is still linked to an Apple ID.

So, I was wondering if there's any way I can remove the ID or bypass the activation lock? What ever is the safest but saves me a couple hour trip to my local Apple store. Seeing as the Find My iPhone hasn't seem to have been used in this iPhone within the 8+ months it has been left, I figure that it'd be okay to access it. I am not sure..

What do you guys reckon?

Cheers.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, IMEI: 35 202607 446607 8

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:19 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2016 9:23 AM in response to 39Gamer39

39Gamer39 wrote:

G;day guys.

My cousin gave me an iPhone he found in Singapore in the back of a Taxi back in September 2015. It did not have a SIM card in it and he told me that it appeared to have been retested, it had a pass-code with control center and notification center turned off, so he tried resetting it to iOS 9.3.1 just today and he realized that the iPhone is still linked to an Apple ID.

So, I was wondering if there's any way I can remove the ID or bypass the activation lock? What ever is the safest but saves me a couple hour trip to my local Apple store. Seeing as the Find My iPhone hasn't seem to have been used in this iPhone within the 8+ months it has been left, I figure that it'd be okay to access it. I am not sure..

What do you guys reckon?

Cheers.

No you can't bypass the activation lock without knowing the original owners information.

No Apple isn't going to help you with this.

I reckon since it isn't your phone that you turn it in to the local authorities.

that phone is paperweight nothing you can do to use it.

Singaporean iPhone missing for 8 months, looking to access it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.